Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Sketch N Scrap Sketch Challenge #158

Today is August 1st and that means Sketch N Scrap has a new sketch challenge up on their blog! 

Much to my husband and son's dismay, I recently purchased a raincoat for my sweet Malcolm. To their surprise, he LOVES it....and of course, it has presented the most adorable photo opportunities!
This sketch by Lisa Hidy was SO much fun to work with! The top border strip and flower element turned into the perfect opportunity for me to create some rainclouds, and it kind of took off from there!  I chose to use one larger and two smaller square photos, which meant I had to space them a little differently.

I recently joined a fabulous kit club, The Scraproom.  Part of my July kit included the new All People All Nations Illustrated Faith line by Bella Blvd.  The navy with gray reminded me of a rainy sky, and I mixed it in with some of the brighter, more colorful papers from the same line.  I used two different alphas, both from Pinkfresh Studios, for my title.
For my "rain" I used a new Carta Bella 6x6 stencil and mixed some white texture paste with a little bit of Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink.  Thanks for stopping by, and be sure to check out Sketch N Scrap to play along!






1 comment:

  1. This is amazing Stacy!! I love your rain clouds and these pictures of your pooch are simply to cute for words!!!

    ReplyDelete