Monday, August 20, 2018

August Let's Get Sketchy and CSI challenges!

The August 1st sketch challenge at Let's Get Sketchy caught my eye recently!  The sketch by Brenshevia is so cool, offering the chance to use up some scraps with all of the paper strips in the design:
I decided to use the Travel Notes line from Simple Stories and some pics from a trip my son & I took to Washington D.C. in 2015. 
The airplane was a last-minute decision to add onto this, and I totally lifted the idea from a page by one of Carta Bella's designers. I stenciled the "sky" with some tinted texture paste & a Carta Bella stencil, then added a few die cut clouds, too.

For the challenge over at CSI: Colors, Stories, Inspiration, I drew inspiration from their August 15th case, and tried to solve it:

The clues at the scene that I used were a solid white background, stripes, camera, travel-themed embellishments & an airplane.  I used more of a primary color palette, but I did pick up on the sky blue from the scheme to create my sky/airplane cluster. For the testimony, I documented a trip my son and I took together to Washington D.C.  Getting there IS half the fun!  Thanks for looking!

9 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL job! I'm so glad you decided to join us at LGS this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this--the stenciled sky effect is so cool! Thanks for joining in @ LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks awesome :) I love the stencil you used for the sky. Thanks for joining in the fun at CSI!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your take on the sketch. Thanks for joining in with us at Let's Get Sketchy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Truly gorgeous layout. Love the take on the sketch. Great stenciling. Thanks so much for joining us at Lets Get Sketchy. Deb xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely color combo and I really like the stencil. Thank you for playing along with us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely travel page. Thanks for playing along with us at Let's Get Sketchy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful take on the sketch, thanks so much for joining us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the stencil work and such a fun traveling page! Thank you so much for joining us at LGS❤️

    ReplyDelete