Saturday, August 18, 2018

Blend a Sketch Challenge at Scrap Our Stash

I've been working on a really fun challenge over at Scrap Our Stash.  It's the August Blend a Sketch challenge, and the challenge is literally to take two separate sketches and merge them into one layout:
The background of the sketch on the left immediately caught my eye, I thought it would make a great use for a busier patterned paper by breaking it up.  Love the angled look, too.  With that decision made I decided to use the photo & title placement of the sketch on the right....and add a cluster for good measure, too, of course!
The Fancy Pants On Our Way line from The Scraproom's August Flavors of the Month Kit gave me the perfect map paper & fun embellishments to use on this layout.  I also used some Simple Stories graph paper and sticker for my title, and some little fussy-cut travel sayings from Crate Papers Here + There and a Jillibean Soup tag from my stash.  The gray strip is also Jillibean Soup, from my scrap container.  One requirement for this challenge was to include arrows, so I used a die cut arrow from my kit, but also dug WAY down deep in my stash & found some old black arrow brads.  Love being able to literally use some "stash" for the Scrap Our Stash challenge!



6 comments:

  1. Stacy - you blended the two sketches beautifully!! Thanks for joining us at Scrap Our Stash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a wonderful take on the sketches!Thank you so much for joining us at Scrap Our Stash❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Great way to highlight your fun photos. Thanks for playing along with SOS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stacy - this layout is fantastic! You did an awesome job blending the sketches and I love the colors that you used. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Scrap Our Stash! -Lori DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great blending!!! Love that cool urban style! Thanks for joining Scrap Our Stash! Hugs Åsa

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did such a great job blending these sketches!

    Thanks for joining SOS :)

    ReplyDelete