Monday, July 23, 2018

Scrap Our Stash July 1 Challenge

I played along with a really fun challenge over at Scrap Our Stash.  It was the perfect opportunity for me to dive into (too much of a pun? LOL) my July Flavors of the Month kit from The Scraproom, too!

The Scrap Our Stash challenge is to draw inspiration from the image of (500) Days of Summer, you also must include a sun on your layout:
I was immediately inspired by all of the photos laying on top of each other.  I mimicked that on my page with my small polaroid style photos.    Simple Stories is one of my favorite manufacturers, and the Hello Summer papers & die cuts from The Scraproom's July kit worked perfectly for my page and this challenge, especially that awesome sun!  The background paper from Carta Bella's Summer Splash line was also included in my July kit.  It reminded me of pool water, and I designed my page at an angle with the hope that it appears to be floating in it.
 
A dab of acrylic paint mixed into some texture paste, and a Carta Bella stencil, helped draw in the same brilliant blue as the background paper.  Thanks for stopping by, and thanks for looking!


6 comments:

  1. Stacy, your take on the challenge is totally gorgeous! Love the design, embellishments and your fun photos! Thanks for joining us at Scrap Our Stash this month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful layout. Love the details and stash use. Thank for entering our challenge at Scrap Our Stash Blog! Happy Scrapping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your layout! So fun and happy! Thank you so much for joining us at Scrap Our Stash❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE EVERYTHING about this!! Thanks for playing along with us at the Scrap Our Stash Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a super fun summer layout - your details are awesome. Thanks for joining us at Scrap Our Stash, Stacy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fun layout. Love the colors and embellishments. Thanks for joining us at Scrap Our Stash.

    ReplyDelete