Sunday, August 26, 2018

Case File #260 at CSI

Case File #260 over at CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration is so inspiring, I decided to take another crack at the case this month.  Here's what I came up with this time:
It's not too often these days that all of our schedules allow us to take a day to escape.....AND for the weather to cooperate, too.  Recently, we were lucky enough to be able to escape for the day & take the boat out to Matlacha.  The boys fished while I got some sun. We saw dolphin and a manatee, and docked the boat at a little restaurant for lunch.  I documented a picture from this day on my page, and will add journaling in a corresponding 6x12 pocket page with extra pictures.

Here's The Scene for CSI's Case File #260:
The word escape, the nautical elements & beautiful florals were immediately inspiring to me, and while I didn't use any nautical embellishments on my page, it inspired me to create a layout of my son and I out on our boat...."escaping" the day-to-day hustle and bustle for a little while.  From The Evidence file, I used a solid white background, floral elements, and stripes created with brush strokes of watercolor.
I used Simple Stories' Hello Summer papers and die cuts, and the circle element is a Paper Issues free cut file.  I used a gel medium and a 12x12 stencil from The Crafters Workshop for the plus signs.  The gel resisted the watercolor, allowing them to show through after I applied the brush strokes.  Thanks for looking!

5 comments:

  1. Oh man I do love this layout! The watered down stripes behind your photo look so pretty; and I love the elements you chose. The pops of black also just look so incredible on this piece.
    Thank you for joining us at CSI!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your layout is so lovely!! The color is so happy like I love it! Thank you to playing with us at CSI.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm totally in love with this page, its just so fun and happy! Love the watercolour background its just gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing along at CSI xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a happy and colorful layout! Love the stripes! Thank you so much for joining us at CSI❤️

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a delightful page! Love the painty swashes behind the photo! So happy to have you playing with us at CSI!

    ReplyDelete