Saturday, October 5, 2019

WCMD Card Sketch #1 at Sketch N Scrap

Hi everyone!  This is my second year that I've been on the Design Team at Sketch N Scrap for World Card Making Day and I'm so excited to share our first sketch with you all!  Lisa Hidy has designed some AH-mazing card sketches for all you card maker's out there in honor of World Card Making Day 2019, which we are again celebrating ALL month long!  We're getting things kicked off with this gorgeous sketch:
Isn't that just lovely?  I really like that this can be used as an all-occasion card without a sentiment on the front.  I plan to use this sketch several times & keep some on hand.  I'll just stamp a sentiment if I need to on the inside.  Here's my take on the sketch:
The background paper is a deep indigo from Vicki Boutin's Wildflower & Honey line. I love the subtle design in the paper. I also used some scraps from Pink Paislee's Indigo & Ivory line and a random piece of woodgrain for the circle, I hit the edges of it with my Tim Holtz distress tool.  The flower is an old prima flower I've had in my stash for ages! I also used some Prima leaves and dug out my Tattered Angels Bronze mist to splatter the background.  You all know I've been trying to dig out at least ONE old thing on my projects and boy is that bottle old LOL.  I know if I worked at it I could get the nozzle unclogged, but in the meantime just unscrewing it and tapping the tube creates a beautiful splatter effect.  I finished my card off by using some twine with tints of gold to complement the splatters and a bit of machine stitching around the edge.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope to see you joining us over at Sketch N Scrap for World Card Making Day and the other fun card and layout challenges we have running all month long!



No comments:

Post a Comment