Saturday, October 12, 2019

World Card Making Day Sketch #2 at Sketch N Scrap

Hi everyone!  We're continuing to celebrate World Card Making Day all month long at Sketch N Scrap. Lisa Hidy has designed some awesome sketches, with a new one being revealed each week in October.  Up this week is Sketch #2:
And here's my take on it:
When I saw this design, with the squares & and rectangle shape, I knew I wanted to dig out some scraps for this one.  I used some Vicki Boutin Color Kaleidoscope, along with a piece of Kraft cardstock.  To add some interest to the Kraft background, I used an embossing folder I've had for a really long time and never used!  I also hit the edges with some Black Soot Distress Ink.  The flower is from the same line and I used up some corrugated Thickers for my "hi" sentiment. For finishing touches, I splattered some black ink & added some tiny clear rhinestones to the flower's center & one in the dot of the "i."  

I know you'll be as inspired as I was by this sketch & hope you decide to join us over at Sketch N Scrap




No comments:

Post a Comment