Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Sketch N Scrap Layout Sketch #187

Hi everyone! I'm back to share with you a super fun sketch that is up on the blog now at Sketch N Scrap!  This sketch was designed by Heather Hall:
And here's my take on it:
I love the split design that Heather created with the long strip for the title at the bottom, and of course the large sunflower element that is FULL of possibilities!  I decided to use a globe cut file from Lori Whitlock's SVG shop in place of the flower for this travel page of a weekend getaway we had a couple months ago to Clearwater Beach.  It rained the entire weekend, but we didn't let it spoil our fun. That's why I used some cute little clouds with my globe!
To create the background, I used a plus sign stencil & different shades of Distress Oxide inks with a blending brush.  I then outlined each plus sign for definition.  I think they really pull out the colors in the patterned papers.  The teal base is an old piece of SS Life in Color...love using that stash!  The floral and stripes are from a Simple Stories and Photoplay summer lines where the colors really complement each other.  For my title, I used a Photoplay "Summer" cardstock sticker, along with some AC Thickers for "Getaway" and the cute little car.

Come join us over at Sketch N Scrap and show us what you can do with this sketch, hope to see you there!



No comments:

Post a Comment