Saturday, October 17, 2020

World Cardmaking Day Card Sketch #3

 Hey everyone! The celebration continues at Sketch N Scrap all month long for World Cardmaking Day!  This week Lisa Hidy has designed a sketch that is sure to inspire you:


And here's my take on it:


This sketch was SO much fun to work with!  I used a few different techniques...starting with the sunflower.  This is a brand new stamp & die set from CTMH that I know I will use over and over again.  I colored it with Triblend markers (light yellow, gold brown, earth brown and dull green). For the butterflies, I stamped them directly onto the woodgrain paper, then used yellow and orange watercolors with a watercolor brush to make them come to life.  Last, I heat embossed the sentiment:


Come on over to Sketch N Scrap and show us what you can do with this sketch.  We have lots of other card sketch challenges running this month for you to play along with. Hope to see you there!


2 comments:

  1. This is a gorgeous card Stacy! I love sunflowers and I love this sentiment!! Great job with the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a pretty card ! I love everything about it; the beautifully coloured stamp set, the zig-zag stitching, the background paper, and the embossed sentiment. Really well done. TFS.

    ReplyDelete