Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Sketch N Scrap Layout #193 and Scrap Our Stash Bingo

Happy New Year everyone!!  Today I'm sharing a layout with you using a new layout sketch revealed on the Sketch N Scrap blog today:
Here's the sketch I used, designed by Heather Hall.   If your goal is to start 2020 off with a creative bang, then this sketch is sure to get your inspiration flowing!
So right off the start I have to admit, I normally shy away from circles.  I'll use one here and there, mostly as a base of a cluster, or tucked under a picture, etc. But typically, I'm not one to use circles center stage on my layout. So when I initially saw this sketch I was ready to take on the challenge and try something "outside of my comfort zone" as they say.  I am SO happy with how it turned out!  I pulled Vicki Boutin's gorgeous Wildflower & Honey line papers and die cuts.  I decided to do something fun with the large circle & use a pie chart cut file I had downloaded before from Lori Whitlock's SVG shop, but hadn't used yet. The 6x8 paper pad from this line worked perfectly for the pie chart since the designs were smaller than the 12x12 papers.  
I also added some distressing and machine stitching to my circles, and added some ink splatters to the background.

This layout is also for the Scrap Our Stash Bingo challenge.  
This challenge was SO much fun to draw inspiration from the items on the bingo card.  I ended up using quite a few prompts from the squares, but for the challenge I used the second column: Die cut (pie chart I cut with my Cricut), Mist/Ink Sprays (Art Anthology "Warm" mist which is the tan, also black ink), Twine (wrapped around my title die cut), Brads (small metal brads & tiny Tim Holtz metal fastener brads), Cardstock (I used an OLD piece of heavy dark brown cardstock as my base, I honestly can't remember if it was MME or Carta Bella, as I removed the strip years ago LOL).

Thanks for stopping by and checking out the latest sketch from Sketch N Scrap, hope to see you come by and play along with us!

4 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Stacy!! I shy away from circles to but you have inspired me to give this sketch a try!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is FANTASTIC! Great use of this circle sketch and I love all the details. WOW! Thanks for playing at SCRAP OUR STASH - Gail

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic page. Love the details and stash use. Thanks for your entry in our challenge at Scrap Our Stash. Happy Scraping!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely amazing!!! Thanks for joining us at Scrap Our Stash.

    ReplyDelete