Thursday, August 1, 2019

Sketch N Scrap Challenge #182

Hi everybody! It's the first of the month and that means a new sketch is up on the Sketch N Scrap blog!  Since we are in the midst of the dog days of summer, I chose to create a layout with one of my favorite summer pastimes.....baseball!
Full disclosure.....this is actually Spring Training, but in Florida it's practically summer most of the year!  Here's the sketch I used, designed by Lisa Hidy for Sketch N Scrap:
What I LOVE about this sketch is the layering and design for 4 photos, perfect for chronicling an event like this on one page.  Most of the patterned papers are from Carta Bella's recent Baseball line (the brick is a scrap of Jillibean Soup...I think LOL). But again, I wanted to challenge myself to dig out stash items & a tool or stamp I haven't used.  For my stash items I used an OLD piece of Simple Stories' Awesome line for my background.  It was literally the last piece I was hoarding from that line. I also used up some Studio Calico wood veneer stars and some foam AC Thickers for my title.  For my stamp/tool I used a CTMH baseball acrylic stamp that I just HAD to have and never used!  I was so excited to use the stamped baseballs in the spots of the sketch design where the flowers are. BUT....my dilemma was that I wanted to use the same paper as my background & it was my last piece.  So I used an old trick a fellow scrapper showed me years ago.  I cut out a square from the background....strategically....where the layering would cover the hole.  I then used that piece to stamp my baseballs & fussy cut them.
The sticker sheet from the Baseball line has SO many cute little images, perfect for embellishment layering & clustering!  I hope you are as inspired by this sketch as I was, and that you join us at Sketch N Scrap! Hope to see you there!





1 comment:

  1. This is amazing Stacy! I love all the details and these papers are amazing but sorry you have no more of your fav paper...here's to hoping you find a very fun new paper to replace an old favorite!

    ReplyDelete