Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Lasting Memories Challenge #458 - Flowers

Hi everyone!  I'm playing along with a new blog challenge this week.  Lasting Memories is a really fun challenge blog that focuses only on layouts. This month their theme is Plants and they are posting a new challenge every Sunday.  I played along with this week's challenge - Flowers.
I used flowers as embellishments on my layout. Most of the patterned papers and embellishments are from Vicki Boutin's new Wildflower & Honey line.  I LOVE the rich colors & patterns in this line!  For my background, I used one of my go-to staples - Simple Stories' Snap Basics grid paper.  I also used a blending brush to add some Stormy Sky & Weathered Wood Distress Oxide inks.  I chose to use more of a "smoky" look on my background, rather than try to match the teal shades in the embellishments, to complement my black & white photo.  I think it gave it the more neutral, soft background I was going for.
I added a few droplets of water here & there to give it a bit of a watercolor look, which is really hard to see in the picture, it's more subtle with these shades than others.  Thanks for stopping by!


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful work with this line, Stacy! I love the floral diecuts and tags! Thanks so much for joining us at Lasting Memories! ~Deanna :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Layout! Love it! Colours! And the photos are perfect... Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories - DT Toni..

    ReplyDelete