Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Sketch N Scrap Card Sketch Challenge #152

Hi crafty friends! It's August 20th and that means TWO things......it's my birthday AND there's a new card sketch challenge up on Sketch N Scrap!  I used the sketch to make a birthday card, of course LOL
And here's the fabulous sketch I used, designed by Lisa Hidy for Sketch N Scrap:
How many of you Cricut users have checked out all of the FREE images that are available in Design Space?  You don't have to subscribe to Cricut access....they're free....all the time!  I remember back in the day (not so long ago) when I had to have a scallop punch in order to get a scallop circle.  To get a different size scallop I'd have to buy another punch. That got pricey!  In Design Space I used the free scallop circle image and made it the exact size I wanted!  My Cricut Explore Air 2 continues to pay for itself again and again :)  If you haven't checked them out, simply select the filter in Design Space and check the box that says Free.  It's amazing how many images are available!

Moving on to the rest of my card, I used some woodgrain patterned papers along with a 6x6 paper pad from Jen Hadfield's Warm & Cozy line.  I've mentioned in previous posts that I'm really trying to stash bust, even if it's just one item, on every project. The layered flower has a Jillibean Soup canvas flower (I've had these FORever and never used them!), a prima flower & a random button. I liked the checkerboard design with my papers.  Inside the scallop I used a circle die set from Little B to get the dotted image around the edge. I haven't dusted these dies off in a while, I like the little bit of interest that the dots add to the circle.  The sentiment is an Altenew stamp and I hit the edges of my papers with different shades of brown Distress Inks.

Thanks for stopping by, and hope to see you join us at Sketch N Scrap!




1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday friend!! This is an amazingly beautiful card!! I hope your special is filled with lots of special memories!! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete