Saturday, June 15, 2019

Sketch N Scrap Layout Sketch #179

Hi there scrappy friends! There's a brand new sketch up at Sketch N Scrap today and I had SO much fun creating with it:
And here's the fabulous sketch, designed by Heather Hall for Sketch N Scrap:
There's so much I love about this sketch, first the use of 3 photos.  For the large photo I decided to use a square because this particular picture just looked better as a square.  I just love these pics I took of my son in our back yard many years ago.  I'm feeling nostalgic now that he's just graduated from high school and scrapping some old pics LOL

I also love the use of the large element on the left. I immediately thought "CLUSTER" when I saw it & pulled out some of my favorite embellishments to create my cluster.  I'm really trying to challenge myself lately to do 2 things when I create a layout...1. pull out stash! The camera is from an old SS line and the chipboard is EP Pinstripes.  I initially planned to use enamel dots but pulled the Studio Calico tiny wood stars out & used them where I normally would put dots. #STASHBUSTING  The other thing I'm trying to challenge myself to do on each layout is to use something I just HAD to have and yet it sits in my craft room unused like a tool, die, stamp, etc.  On this layout I pulled out a set of CTMH border stamps and used the arrows on the tag.  I'm SO glad I did!

Yet another thing I love about this sketch is the use of patterned paper.  I had one full sheet from the Simple Stories Lil' Dude collection left and it was all I needed for this layout.  After cutting the large layer with the arrows side I was able to cut two strips of the polka dot side.  By tucking them in on each side it looks like another large layer.

I hope you find this sketch as inspiring to work with as I did and that you come on over to Sketch N Scrap and play along. Hope to see you there!


1 comment:

  1. Great ideas and layout! I have background stamps that I never use, thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete