Sunday, April 14, 2019

Sketches In Thyme Challenge #368

Hi everybody!  It's the 14th of the month, and that means I'm up on the blog over at Sketches In Thyme.   For this sketch, I decided to use my favorite recent pic of my son:
And here's the awesome sketch, designed by Brenshevia:
I started out with every intention of keeping with the simplicity of the staggered paper strips.  But....we all know how things don't end up exactly as we plan, right?  The angled strips on my layout were inspired by the scraps I had in my scrap bin.  I sat on the living room floor the other night, purging little bits & pieces & seeing just what papers I had in there that have long been forgotten.  I ended up sorting by color....kind of.....and ended up with pieces of really old Basic Grey, Simple Stories, Pinkfresh Studios, Kaisercraft (LOVE those Mister Fox viewfinders!!), Bella Blvd and Echo Park.  Whew!  I had to list them all because I couldn't believe how they all blended so well together!
One of the scraps I had was already angled, so I just cut the rest of my strips that way. Some finishing touches were Pinkfresh Studios puffy stickers, a fussy-cut camera from the EP paper, flair from my fave Etsy store A Flair for Buttons, some AC Thickers for my title & a bit of machine stitching.

Hope you are as inspired by this sketch as I was!  We'd love to see what YOU can do with this sketch, too....hop on over to Sketches In Thyme & join in on the fun! Hope to see you there!



No comments:

Post a Comment