Monday, April 1, 2019

Sketch N Scrap Challenge #174

Hi everybody! The first of the month means there's a brand new sketch challenge up on the Sketch N Scrap blog, and it is a FUN one!  I used it to make a travel page with some random pics I took on our NYC vacay:
And here's the awesome sketch, designed by sketch designer Lisa Hidy:
Full disclosure....this is a redo of a page I already scrapped, that I was 100% hands down not happy with LOL.  I set it aside a while back and thought I'd work on it another day.  I knew I wanted to use some of the Simple Stories Travel Notes line (LOVE it!) because of the awesome skyscraper/cityscape paper in the collection.  When I saw this sketch, it ALL came together!

I decided to use my grid of photos in a portrait orientation, rather than landscape like I had on my original page.  What I enjoyed most about using this sketch is that it allowed me to use the large grid of photos, but still use so many fun embellishments because of their placement to each side.  I used a scrap of SS Scrap Basics notebook paper, with an EK Success notebook edge punch, and outlined it for definition.  I totally lifted the outlined notebook edge from Debbi Tehrani, I'm a big fan of her work.  The outlining gives the notebook edge such a pop off the page, don't you think?

The taxi cabs are from Shimelle's Go Now Go line, the flair from A Flair for Buttons on Etsy, and I cut the skyscrapers on the tag with a Poppystamps metal die.  

I hope you come play along with us at Sketch N Scrap this month! There's a great prize, and you can't win if you don't play. Come join us, hope to see you there!



1 comment:

  1. This is amazing Stacy! I just love how you used the extra photos! I love all the outlining and the embellies you used too, such amazing details!

    ReplyDelete