Friday, July 13, 2018

Jumpstart Sketch at the Scraproom Blog AND Case File 257 at CSI!

Hello everyone!  I'd like to share a page with you that I created with DOUBLE inspiration today!  I'm playing along with CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration's Case #257.  I was immediately inspired, which I'll share in more detail below, to finally scrap a couple of photos of my son when he was one day old (he's only 17 1/2 years now, no time like the present to get them on a page ;) LOL

I also checked out the current Jumpstart Sketch challenge at The Scraproom Blog (AMAZING kits, by the way, I just recently joined their kit club)!  It all kind of fell into place morphing these two fabulous challenges into this page, I'm so happy with how it turned out:

First, here's a glimpse at the CSI challenge 257 Case File:
At first glance it was the clouds and the baby that caught my eye. I felt pretty confident I could take on solving this case after seeing The Scheme and reading The Evidence and Testimony.  I took touches of the color scheme and chose papers from Simple Stories' Oh Baby! line.  From The Evidence, I was inspired to use a touch of floral, striped paper, woodgrain in the paper & wood veneer stars, and of course those clouds.  I did have tiny brads out, but opted for the grayish/blue bling instead.   The Testimony inspired me to use a circular journal spot and "adorable" as my title.

The July Jumpstart Sketch Challenge at The Scraproom Blog is SO cute, here's the sketch:
Working with this design was a lot of fun!  For the large circle element, I chose to cut a Paper Issues Starring You circle, then went over it a couple times with my sewing machine. I also tinted some texture paste with some distress ink and used my favorite Art Anthology stencil:
The banners in the top right corner of the sketch were the perfect spot for my clouds, and I decided to use the moon & stars die cut from the Oh Baby! line's Bits & Pieces pack. The title, elephants & journal spot are from the same pack.
Thanks for looking! :)


4 comments:

  1. Aw - you did a GREAT job of solving the case! I absolutely adore your LO; all those little elements are just too sweet for words. So glad you joined us for this challenge! Thanks for playing along at CSI!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my Goodness!!! I love love LOVE your layout... and I LOVE Elephants! Perfect baby page! I may have to scrap lift this for a grand baby page! :) Thanks for playing along with the ScrapRoom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is totally adorable!!! I LOVE it!! Thanks for joining our challenge at CSI :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful photos! Such a beautiful, sweet layout. Love the little elephants and the soft colors combined with the woodgrain. So happy to have you playing with us at CSI!

    ReplyDelete