Monday, March 15, 2021

Sketch N Scrap Layout Challenge #221

 Thanks for stopping by today! There is an awesome new layout sketch up on the Sketch N Scrap blog today I'd like to share that is sure to inspire you. This sketch was created by Lisa Hidy:


And here is my take on it:




I can't believe these photos were taken in 2017 and I am just now scrapping them!  This was a photo shoot I did of my son when he was 16 years old.  I feel like boy moms are the forgotten customer when it comes to scrapbooking sometimes, and even "boy lines" are often juvenile and geared toward little guys.  So these pictures patiently waited until Vicki Boutin's Storyteller came along, HANDS DOWN one of my all-time favorite, if not most favorite, product line.  The colors and designs are stunning, and the embellishments are incredible.  I used Storyteller ephemera, chipboard and cardstock stickers to create this embellishment cluster:




I've really gotten into dabbling with Vicki's Art Crayons, too.  On this layout I used an exclusive stencil she created, along with a stencil brush and gray and navy art crayons:




I hope you come by Sketch N Scrap to show us what you can do with this sketch and play along, hope to see you there!


2 comments:

  1. This is stunning Stacy! I love all the amazing details of your layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the grunge look on your pages and you’re right. It’s hard finding a good masculine line. Most are too boyish. You did a great job for these photos.

    ReplyDelete