Sunday, November 15, 2020

Sketch N Scrap Layout Sketch #213

 Hi everybody! Thanks so much for stopping by today, I've created another sketch for Sketch N Scrap that I'd like to share with you, hope it inspires you to create today:


And here's my take on it, using the FABULOUS new Storyteller line from Vicki Boutin:



So I took a departure from my typical style and dabbled in some mixed media on this one, and boy am I hooked! (Pun intended with the fishing picture LOL).  I used Vicki Boutin art crayons to create a watercolor and used the "kissing" technique.  After that dried, I took a stencil, stencil brush and used dry art crayon to create the pattern over it.  


I think I've mentioned in previous posts that I'm trying to incorporate some stamping into my layouts, I have SO many stamp sets....yikes!  I think I'm one stamp set away from having to build an addition on to my house LOL.  You know what I noticed when taking a close look at my sets?  There are lots of sets that have these little extra images, I bet they go unnoticed quite a bit because they aren't the larger, main images.  One of my CTMH stamp sets had these little plus signs, along with flowers, leaves, sentiments, etc.  I stamped them in several places throughout my layout for a fun little something extra to my background:


I will journal in a 6x12 pocket page next to this in my album because......honestly......I was afraid of ruining this background I'd worked so hard on!  Seriously!  The pic was taken on my 48th birthday, this past August, when my husband and son took me out for a beautiful day on the boat.  What a wonderful day :)

Thanks so much for stopping by, I hope you decide to come join us at Sketch N Scrap and show us what you can do with this sketch, hope to see you there!

3 comments:

  1. This is an amazing sketch and gorgeous layout Stacy! I love the stamping, such a great addition to your beautiful layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love this layout; the soft stenciling on the background, the outlined edges of the papers, the little butterflies, the stamping, the heart, the camera...so many pretty touches throughout. The one thing I particularly like is what you did on the tag. Did you use a punch and then lined the back with a dark pattern paper? It looks so neat and unusual. I've never seen that before. Great detail ! TFS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jacynthe! I used a Tim Holtz Thinlet die from Sizzix called Mixed Media to cut the pattern out of the tag.

      Delete