Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Sketch N Scrap Challenge #199

Hi everyone! Thanks for stopping by today, I have a fun new sketch to share with you that's up on the blog today at Sketch N Scrap! Here's challenge #199, designed by Heather Hall:
And here's my take on it:
I mentioned a while back that I really try to challenge myself to use something older from my stash with each project, even if it's a tool.  On this layout I used up the last of my Simple Stories 24/7 papers!  The grid, the pattern & the notebook are from that line, I just love the colors!  There are old Prima brads on here, an old Kaisercraft camera die cut, the title is a CTMH wood veneer I painted black. I think it all came together pretty well for being different lines and manufacturers! When I saw the large banner on the sketch I decided I'd create a notebook page and finally write down the story behind these pictures, which I've been meaning to do for a while.

The picture on the left is of my Dad, around 1955.  The center picture is my son, and that's my son & I together on the right.  I normally will type journaling because I really do NOT like my handwriting...at all...I'm so jealous of scrapbookers who have lovely handwriting...not me! LOL  This story, however, was too personal to not put down in my own writing, and I'm glad I did.  My son has such a fond remembrance and connection with my Dad, who passed in 2008.  When he asked his coach for the #25 jersey to honor his Grandpa, he didn't realize his first game was on what would have been Grandpa's birthday.  My brothers and I were so moved.  Our loved ones let us know they are still with us in all kinds of ways!

I love the fun part of scrapbooking, the art and design of it.  I rarely journal.  Creating pages like these remind me how important it is to Tell the Story sometimes, too.  

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you'll come by and visit us at Sketch N Scrap to show us what you can do with this sketch! Hope to see you there!


1 comment:

  1. What an amazing layout and beautiful story Stacy!! I love it and your son will treasure this layout and your handwriting forever! And I think your handwriting is very lovely, so you should write stuff out more!!

    ReplyDelete