Sunday, April 5, 2020

Sketch N Scrap Card Sketch #167

Hey everybody! Thanks so much for stopping by! I have a really great card sketch to share with you all today that's up on the Sketch N Scrap blog. It's card sketch #167, designed by Heather Hall:
And here's my take on it:
This is all straight from my scrap bin!  I even die cut the sentiment out of a piece of patterned paper.  I couldn't find anything decorative I liked to create the effect at the bottom of the banner of the sketch.  I even tried using a circle die cut but couldn't get it to look right LOL  I instead decided to make the banner interesting by using a Tim Holtz die for the diamond pattern, and backed it with a scrap piece of burlap.  I like the country feel the burlap and kraft gives the card, but it's still bright, cheery & spring-like with the striped pattern & floral die cut! I think the contrast in the elements make a cohesive card!

Come join us at Sketch N Scrap and show us what you can create with this sketch, too! Hope to see you there!


1 comment:

  1. Those diamonds are amazing backed with the burlap! What a great texture it gives your amazing card!!

    ReplyDelete