Friday, March 20, 2020

March Guest Designer Layout at Stick It Down

Hi everyone! Thanks for stopping by today, I have a really FUN project to share with you that I created for Stick It Down this month:
And here's this month's single page sketch I used:
As a mom of a boy, when I saw this sketch I didn't see flowers, I saw stars!  I opened up a star background cut file, unlocked it & stretched it just slightly to give the stars a fun shape.  Then I just randomly cut sections from it to place on the angled background.

When I back small pieces of a cut file I really like to use a 6x6 or 6x8 paper pad.  The smaller prints on those papers really look great peeking through small areas like these stars:
I used the coordinating 6x8 paper pad with my Simple Stories Say Cheese 4 12x12 papers.  I flipped the paper over and traced the inside the star on the opposite side.  Then I used my Cutter Bee scissors to cut around what I had traced, so that I could glue it without a gap or any hanging over.  It was kind of tedious.....but fun....and well worth the effort.  I just love the random pops of color and patterns showing through:

I hope you are as inspired by this sketch as I was, and that you come over to Stick It Down to show us what you do!


No comments:

Post a Comment