Sunday, February 16, 2020

Go Fish!

Hi everyone!  I played in my craft room again today! How nice to sip that first cup of coffee in the morning and check out different challenges online.  I saw that Scrap Our Stash has their February Sketch Challenge up, and it's an awesome sketch!  I also saw this week's Lasting Memories blog challenge, to use die cuts.....the wheels immediately started turning & I combined both challenges into one layout:
The Scrap Our Stash sketch challenge requires polka dot paper and washi....check and check!  It's so funny how the timing of things occur sometimes.  I was organizing my scraps recently, and set aside the last of my Simple Stories Happy Trails line, which has an orange polka dot!  I added a couple strips of brown washi under the veneer camera and in my cluster at the bottom, too.  Here's the sketch:
At Lasting Memories, this week's challenge is to use die cuts.  I decided to create my own title in Cricut Design Space.  I combined two different fonts & welded it all together into one piece:
The fish on the line is from the Happy Trails die cut pack, I thought he looked kinda cute hanging from my title!  I also used my Sizzix Big Kick for the banners, the tag & the wooden circle in my cluster.

Thanks for stopping by!





6 comments:

  1. Such a fun, fishing layout. Love how you used those muted colours in the background to make those fab photos POP! Thanks for playing along at SCRAP OUR STASH - Gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fantastic page. Love the details and great stash use. Thanks for your entry in our challenge at Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such an awesome layout and all of your papers and embellishments coordinate so well together. The fishing pictures are just adorable … he looks like he is having a blast catching that fish!!! Thanks so much for joining us at Scrap Our Stash for this month’s challenge. – Karen Y

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic take on the sketch, Stacy!! Such a fun boy page and title work. Thanks for joining us at Scrap Our Stash.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stacy - I love this fun layout! Of course, I always love your layouts! Great take on the sketch challenge and on our die cut challenge at Lasting Memories. Thanks for sharing with us at Scrap Our Stash and at Lasting Memories! -Lori DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just SO FUN! Great take on the challenge! -Thanks for playing along with us at the Scrap Our Stash Blog!

    ReplyDelete