Sunday, October 14, 2018

Sketches in Thyme Sketch #344

I'm up on the blog at Sketches In Thyme with Sketch #344 by Bev Code!  Here is the beautiful sketch she created:
I periodically will work on my heritage albums, I have one for my father's side and one for my mother's side of the family.  They have been a work in progress for many, many years.  When I saw this sketch, I knew it would be perfect for photos I have for a set of paternal great-grandparents:
I am very fortunate to have so many heritage photos from both sides of my family.  I love that I have a photo of them when they were younger (I believe it was approximately 1880's) and also that they lived long lives and I have a second picture of them older (from the 1940's).  Even more special on this page is that I was able to use 3 buttons that used to be on a dress worn by her.  My mom was kind enough to label a little box of buttons & lace that were given to her by my father's older sister.  She passed them on to me, knowing I'd eventually find a use for them...and I did!  More information will be documented about them in a pocket page next to this page in my album.

Thanks for stopping by, and please jump over to Sketches In Thyme to play along with this sketch and the other fabulous sketch challenges running this month!


1 comment:

  1. Ho lucky you are to have those precious photos. You did a lovely job showcasing them on this layout. The soft colour palette, as well as old wall paper looking pattern paper, is so eye pleasing. Love the grouping of embellishments, and what a wonderful way to use those buttons as keepsakes. Beautiful work. TFS.

    ReplyDelete