Sunday, May 20, 2018

May 15th sketch at Let's Get Sketchy

Let's Get Sketchy has a really fun sketch up for their mid-month challenge.  It worked perfectly for me to test drive some new Art Anthology mists I picked up at Scrapbook Expo in Orlando a few weeks ago!  Here's the sketch:
http://letsgetsketchy.blogspot.com/
And here's what I did with it:

I used a Simple Stories Snap Basics notebook background and papers from Shimelle's Go Now Go and Photoplay's Boarding Pass line.  I love the warm colors for my zoo pics from the Bronx Zoo! The Chevron Background cut file is from Paper Issues.  I unlocked the image in Cricut Design Space and "smooshed" it (that's the technical term!) to create a more narrow chevron pattern.  The Boarding Pass 6x6 paper pad worked perfectly to add some patterned touches to the chevron background.

I can't get enough of the fun flair from my favorite Etsy shop, A Flair For Buttons!  So many adorable images to choose from.

Thanks for looking!

8 comments:

  1. Hi StaceyLee...I just love this page! Love the doodled scallop on the left and how you embellished! great page for those photos! Thanks for joining in at LGS (and followed!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love LOVE the way you incorporated that die cut into your page design! Fabulous work! Thanks for playing at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layout! Thank you for playing along with us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great take on the sketch. Thanks for joining in with us at Let's Get Sketchy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great take on the sketch! Thank you for joining us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is a cool work! ! !Thank you for joining us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like you page. Like how you "smooshed" the cut file. Gives me an idea for future use as my machine only cuts 6 inches wide. Thanks for playing along with us at Let's Get Sketchy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great take on the sketch! Amazing doodled scallop, thanks for joining us at LGS!!

    ReplyDelete