Wednesday, May 9, 2018

iNSD Challenges at A Cherry On Top

There are so many fun challenges running through the week at A Cherry On Top in celebration of International Scrapbook Day!  I'm generally a weekend-only scrapper, as I work full time Monday through Friday.  With a limited amount of time to participate in these fun challenges, I actually made it to my scraproom last night after dinner and made this for the Black & White Photo Challenge:

The challenge at ACOT is to use a photo in black & white and not be limited by the color scheme of the photo.  This photo in color would definitely not have been complemented by the papers and elements I used.  I'm so happy with how it turned out, because instead of a darker, drab "fall" layout, I was able to select papers and elements that were brighter and happier...I especially love the pops of yellow, which is a color I used to really shy away from!

I've had this background paper from PinkFresh Studios' Escape the Ordinary line for a while, waiting for just the right project. I picked out some scraps from Simple Stories and Amy Tangerine, with a strip of Fancy Pants Washi and embellished with some PinkFresh Studios Let Your Heart Decide enamel hearts.  I used a cut file from Lori Whitlock's SVG shop for the title.  Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment