Thursday, February 22, 2018

February 15th Sketch at Stuck?! Sketches

This month, there are two fabulous sketches to choose from at Stuck?! Sketches mid-month challenge!  I decided to use the second one posted.....though I have plans for the first one, too.  Here is the sketch I worked with...

And here is what I came up with...

I was scurrying trying to get a picture of this as the natural light was quickly fading!  This layout has one of my favorite travel photos from our vacation to New York last summer, I took it with my phone on Ellis Island.  These coin-operated binoculars just scream "sightseeing" to me, I thought it made an interesting photo with the Manhattan skyline in the background.  I used Simple Stories new travel line, Travel Notes on this.  Lots of wonderful patterns and colors, and the little pack of die cuts is full of fun little pieces!  I chose to move the border to the bottom so it could "support" my stenciled skyline & used a 6x6 Crafter's Workshop stencil called Mini Urban Landscape.  I went back & forth on whether or not to include the circle element on my layout, with either stitching or pen work.  I finally opted to take the less is more approach....of course I'm still undecided if I should have added it!  LOL  Classic me, overthinking it ;)  Thanks for looking!

5 comments:

  1. This page turned out so awesome, love the layering you added behind your photo and the less is more look certainly works! Thank you for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Layouts, New York is still on my Travel Bucket list, love this photo and how you documented it! Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome travel page! Love the photo, stunning. Thanks for playing along with Stuck?!Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your take on the sketch! Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great travel page. Love your color combination. Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches.

    ReplyDelete