Monday, June 15, 2020

Sketch N Scrap Layout Challenge #203

Hi everyone! Thanks for stopping by today, I'm super excited to share with you my first layout sketch for Sketch N Scrap!
And here is my take on it:
I am loving Vicki Boutin's new Let's Wander line, it is so versatile, not just for travel and vacation layouts.  I used some of the beautiful blue patterns on this page of my son.  The star patterned paper is perfect for fussy cutting and I also used Vicki's Let's Go stamp & die set to add more stars. 

I always try to pull something old from my stash on my projects. The background is an old Echo Park graph paper and I added some interest to the background by splattering some Art Anthology mists and adding some texture paste with my favorite Art Anthology stencil, I love the touch this pattern adds to my boy pages:
The base of my cluster at the top is a CTMH arrow border stamp and Juniper Mist ink from Catherine Pooler.  This is the first time I've used her inks, and I wasn't too sure about them at first because the ink pads are SO spongy.  But with some trial and error I figured out the right amount of pressure to keep the ink off the surrounding area of my acrylic block and I LOVE this color.  It's a nice, deep navy that I know I'll use a lot!

Come by Sketch N Scrap and show us what you can do with this sketch, hope to see you there!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! What an amazing sketch!! I can't wait to try it! I love your layout as well, this line is so awesome and I love how you have used it on a non-travel layout, so creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your sketch and what you did with it!!! So so so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I especially like the idea of tone on tone stenciling! Lovely.

    ReplyDelete