Monday, June 18, 2018

CSI Challenge - Case File #256

I joined in on a super FUN challenge over at CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration!  I have to admit, I've been scoping out their challenges for a little while now, and was a bit intimidated at first.  I did the over-thinking thing I so often do, too, in reading the challenges.  What tripped me up was thinking I had to recreate exact colors & images from the "Scene" of the case file. When I decided to focus on the "Evidence" and get creative it was a lot of fun!

Here's the case file:


Here's what I came up with to solve the case:
While I didn't pull any direct images from the scene, I did borrow from the color palette with touches of yellow, teal, white & black. I used mostly 6x6 papers from Amy Tangerine's Plus One line. The narrow black strips with plus signs are from her Sunshine & Good Times line.
From the Evidence file, I picked up on the white background, using an Ella & Viv wood grain background.  I decided to add some dots and wet medium with my FAVE new stencil from Art Anthology and some texture paste.  The plants provided inspiration with several different foliage dies from Paper Smooches that also helped pull in some of the color scheme.  
I picked up on the scallop clue and incorporated a loopy scallop border, as well as a scallop die cut from Fancy Pants' The Bright Side ephemera pack.  Last, I used a fun frame from the same pack as a window with some finishing touches.

The "bones" of the design is a lift of a layout from Wheeliegirl on ACOT.  For those of you who follow the ACOT message board challenges....SPOILER ALERT.....this is my July sample for my Cherry Lift challenge LOL.

Solving this case was a lot of fun, I'm glad I dove in & gave it a try!

5 comments:

  1. I am SO glad that you decided to join in our challenge at CSI!!! This is such a beautiful piece you have created and I do love how you interpreted it using the evidence!
    Thank you for joining us at CSI - we are glad that you did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the placement of the embellishments and the choice of papers, great solving of the case! Thanks for joining us at CSI!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome!! I loved reading about how you were inspired by the evidence clues in this case! Your layout is beautiful! That texture paste background stencil is great! Thanks for playing along with us over at CSI!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photo and page! Love the mix of patterns and the elements you used! So happy to have you playing with us at CSI!

    ReplyDelete