Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Stuck?! Sketches January 15 sketch

Helloooooo.....is anybody out there?  This is my very first blog post, we'll see how this goes ;)

I am in love with this sketch by Laura Whitaker, it's the January 15th sketch posted on Stuck?! 
Sketches blogspot





Fortunately for me, I had the day off yesterday and immediately began tackling this sketch!  With the recent purchase of a Cricut Explore Air 2 (gifted to me, by me at Christmas), I have been playing with different cut files.  I came across this Paper Issues free cut file recently called Starring You.  After converting it to an SVG with an app in Windows 10, I was able to cut it with my Cricut. When I saw this sketch, I immediately thought of this cut file, and the ball began rolling.  After hitting it with some ink, I decided to add texture using my sewing machine. I used some Boys Fort papers and cardstock die cuts from Pinkfresh Studios, background paper is old Simple Stories 24/7 notebook paper.


6 comments:

  1. Welcome to the world of blogging! Awesome layout with fabulous details! Thanks for playing along with us at Stuck?!Sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your layout is fabulous!I always love a masculine take on the sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great post for your very first blog. Welcome to the blogosphere, you will meet the nicest people here! I love your take on the challenge, with the cut file and that adorable photos. Beautiful work and thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job with the sketch and cut file!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darling photo! Love the mix of patterns and the neutral colors that show off your picture! So happy to have you playing with us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just gorgeous and your use of the stars. Thank you for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches.

    ReplyDelete