Monday, January 14, 2019

Sketches In Thyme Sketch #356

Hi everyone! This week's sketch at Sketches In Thyme is right up my alley.....TAGS!  Yep, I love to use my Tim Holtz tag dies on nearly every layout in some way, and this awesome sketch by Brenshevia uses three:
Here's my take on it:
I challenged myself on this layout.  I wanted to do a Christmas-themed page, but I don't have any Christmas papers.  I bought this older line by Carta Bella at Expo last year called Our Family. Some of the papers looked Christmas-y to me, and the rich colors and patterns were perfect for my kitchen pics.  This page has pictures of my son and me, baking Christmas cookies together.  The first picture was taken in 2005, the second in 2016.  I had a couple wood veneer embellishments to tie in the Christmas theme.  I also used a Heidi Swapp stencil and white texture paste for the "snowflakes" falling on the page.

Hope this sketch inspires you to create as much as it inspired me, come on over to Sketches In Thyme and play along!

No comments:

Post a Comment